Dia de los muertos: Extra Credit (Day of the Dead)
As a school we will be working on an altar to celebrate Day of the Dead. This is 100% OPTIONAL. Students who wish to participate can bring the following for extra credit:
1. A framed picture of a loved one who has passed.
2. A battery operated candle. (I suggest bringing in a tea light but any is fine as long as it is battery operated).
3. An object or symbol that represents that person.
This are some of my suggestions:
1. Bring a copy of the original photo
2. DO NOT bring the original object or symbol. I gave students the example if their Grandpa passed and loved to play baseball, do not bring the baseball he played but a random baseball that symbolizes him.
If you have any questions, please email me. The extra credit is due this Friday 10/25.