Welcome to my school page, be sure to check from time to time in order to stay informed.
A little about me
My name is Maya Luna and this school year marks my 15th year teaching! I have taught 1st grade, 4th grade, 5th grade and 6th grade. I have been teaching 6th grade for the last 6 years and I have found it to be one of my favorite levels. I have a bachelor's degree in Liberal Studies as well as a Master's degree in Education/Counseling. I also hold a counseling credential for the elementary to community college school system but I am not ready to leave the classroom yet! Until then, I am looking forward to working with you and your child this school year.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, issues or concerns regarding your child and their education. Communication is key to their success. You may call and leave a message, however email is the fastest way to reach me. If you feel the need for a phone conference or in person conference we can always set something up.
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Parents be sure to subscribe to my webpage for updates on homework and school announcements! Simply click the "subscribe" button located on the right side of the screen and enter your email address.
- Academic Academy Google Permission Slips due, please check with your child for forms
- AR books can also be checked out from your local public library, no need to only use our school library
- PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES: October 26th
- 1-3pm by appointment only*
- 4:30-7:00 Student Led/First-come first-served
*There are two other dates to select from. To schedule your appointment time please click on the 'parent teacher conferences' link on the right side of screen.